Here’s How Search Marketing can Benefit Your Business
Search Engine Marketing (SEM), also known as search marketing refers to all those activities that involve using paid search facilities and search engine optimization in digital marketing campaigns. When we talk of paid search, we refer to all the marketing activities that fall under the category of paid listings. Activities such as Pay Per Click (PPC), Cost Per Click (CPC), paid search ads and more all come together to form paid listings. Search engine optimization (SEO), on the other hand, refers to the process of getting organic searches (without paid listings) by using keywords, hyperlinks, tags, and meta-data.
Getting the best out of search engine marketing
Search marketing is extremely beneficial for businesses for multiple reasons. A few are listed below:
- It helps boost the visibility of the business - When a business uses search marketing, they link various platforms together. From their online advertisements to social media posts, every material they have released on the World Wide Web is covered. When users search for something, there is a higher probability of their name turning up in the result.
- It increases the traffic to the websites - Search marketing allows businesses to promote themselves through both paid advertisements and organic listings. The more often the links of their ad or website crop up, the greater is the click rate that they will have. Traffic will increase, especially if they use videos and social media.
- It helps marketers reach a wider audience - Marketers use multiple platforms to execute their online marketing campaigns. Paid advertisements, articles, blog posts, social media, search engines– all are included in a marketer’s arsenal. With so many platforms at their disposal, it’s easy for businesses to reach a larger audience.
- It helps generate leads - Search marketing is extremely useful in generating business leads. By utilizing multiple platforms and campaigns in conjunction with each other, businesses can reach potential consumers. With so many people frequenting your website, it becomes easy to generate leads.
- It helps create targeted advertisements - While scrolling down your news feed on Facebook, you might have seen a pop-up advertisement of a product that you recently viewed on a search engine. How does this happen? The words you will have used in your most recent searches will trigger the SEO and advertisements associated with the product. Amazon will have created a similar advertisement and SEO keeping in mind potential searches. This allows search engines to throw up the most relevant results.
- It is a very cost-effective way of marketing - The cost of customer acquisition in search engine marketing is negligible. Considering that businesses do not have to make any investments in fixed assets or other major expenditure, the costs involved in creating SEM campaigns is very less. Additionally, many search engines offer free PPC campaign management services. Google’s Ad Words Keyword Planner Tool is an example. In fact, SEM campaigns are so cost-effective that they outstrip email marketing, online displays, and yellow pages as well.
Do you need help with Search Engine Marketing? Contact us!
We want to hear from you, so what are you waiting for? Contact us today.Get In Touch