Marketing Trends: All about Viral Marketing
Is your business inspired to become an internet sensation overnight?
Marketing gurus across the world are advising businesses to try their best to reach this status!
The biggest question is:
What is viral marketing?
The term itself indicates that this is something that spreads like wildfire.
Viral marketing strategies are, in a nutshell, marketing campaigns aimed to create a chain reaction in an audience. Businesses want to generate videos, blog posts, and/or infographics that are shared worldwide at rapid speeds.
Not only does this get you a wider reach than normal, it also ensures that you put in minimum effort from your end. Once a piece has generated a sufficient amount of interest, the work is then shifted to the users who share it across their social platforms!
Due to the nature of its mechanism, viral marketing is solely focused on social media. This is because the platforms provide multiple options to share and like the content easily. Additionally, this is the location where most of your audience resides. Therefore, it is an easy target.
Is it that simple?
The thing about viral marketing is that it does lie primarily in the hands of luck. You cannot be sure about the consequence of a certain campaign. However, not all viral campaigns were accidents. Many of them were well-planned strategies that were implanted in the media.
This is why it is essential that you go through an extensive process of researching before creating your content.
Consider the following things:
- Gauge the public’s reaction
- Know the topics that are trending
- Focus on triggering emotions
- Make it seem less of an ad and more of a story
Is it beneficial?
Here are some of the advantages of viral marketing:
- Cost-effective: The major benefit of such campaigns is that you do not have to invest money in distribution. The audience does this job for you on their own free will.
- Great Connection: Most viral campaigns form an emotional connection with the audience. This makes your brand relatable and approachable to customers.
- Wide Reach: The amount of viewership you get from the audience is incomparable to any form of marketing strategy.
Have you gone viral?
We want to hear about it!Let's Chat!
Posted In: Social Media and Digital Marketing