Get the Best Out of SEO with these Tricks
2017 July 17
Search engine optimization is a great tool to increase traffic to your website. But, SEO will only be successful if you know how to implement it properly. So, how do you get the best out of the SEO you create?
Here are some tricks that you are sure to find helpful:
- Use the right keywords - By using various keyword search tools such as Google AdWords Keyword Tool, Word Tracker, and Keyword Discovery, you will be able to find a list of tried and tested keywords that you can implement.
- Do not indulge in keyword stuffing and keyword duplication - When you use a particular keyword too many times, search engines ignore your content as it looks too unrealistic and fake. Additionally, duplicated keywords are not counted during searches as search engines only throw up the advertisement that is most relevant to the search and ignore the others. You will be hindering your own business by using duplicated keywords.
- Create a site map - A site map shows the way in which your website has been built. It will help web crawlers identify and index the pages that you have created. Without a sitemap, it is easy for crawlers to miss out pages.
- Put some thought into your hyperlinks - Links help you connect your content to other platforms or material. Be intelligent in your use of hyperlinks. Link only those words which users generally search for. Keywords can be good for linking.
- Write sensible meta-data - The meta-data refers to the information that turns up once a search has been initiated. The meta title and the meta description should ideally contain the keywords you have used in your advertisement or article. This will enhance the performance of the SEO.
- Create SEO-friendly URLs - The URLs that you create for your website should complement the SEO you use. This includes the meta-data and file names. This will help link all of your materials.
- Effective image and video tagging - Websites with well-tagged videos and images have a better click rate than websites that have static text. While tagging, keep in mind the SEO you have used. Utilize tags that people generally search for.
- Leverage blogs and social media posts - Social media is the next big thing. These days, most of the organic search results happen to be social media posts and blog articles. By implementing similar SEO on all of your platforms, you ensure that links are developed effectively and that at least one of your works is thrown up in the search.
- Set up a PPC account - Google AdWords allows you to create a Pay Per Click account, which can be used to create effective advertising campaigns. You will also be allowed to bid on keywords.
- Draw on the power of local search - Location optimization and geo-tagging will make your business visible to users who reside closer to you geographically. Provide web spiders access to your address and watch as your business is thrown up the moment someone references your location.
Do you need help with SEO? We can help! Contact us!
We want to hear from you, so what are you waiting for? Contact us today.Get In Touch
Posted In: SEO and Search Marketing